Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Something rotten in Denmark

I knew I'd start begrudging this thing. I'm just not a journal kind of guy. Should I make something of that? Is it just another manifestation of my lack of discipline? Is it just not something that goes with my nature? Is that an easy cop-out? Eh.

Sit back, kiddos, and let me tell you a story. There was once a boy. He was a happy boy, and full of life. He loved, more than anything, to make things up. He would write stories or draw up designs for fantastic inventions. He gathered up a treasure of these designs over the years, and even tried his hand at designing Mega Man sequels. Some said he was a braggart, far too proud of the scientific knowledge he lorded over his classmates. Then, things began to change. As high school began to approach, he began to design and write less. Where before he let loose words and lines with glee, he now eyed them suspiciously, wondering if they were good enough. He now felt the world hovering around him like an audience, and he had to perform. All the things he loved were now his path to glory. Where once there was free creativity, now there were slaves. Soon he looked outward for his guidance, and weighed his worth by how pleased people were with him. The weight became too much for his proud soul, and disappointment reigned in the court of joy. His ego fell, and he cheered on its demise, but it fell too far and too hard. The towers of wonder crashed down, and the single voice of beauty took on the countless tongues of doubt.

Well, that's a poetic and romantic version of what I think may have lead me from my carefree creative youth to my current frustrated self. I will avoid the anime cliché of marking one single event in my past as the turning point in my life. But introspection is my thing, and I have plenty of time to indulge it.

I'll be moving to Charleston soon. I don't have a job lined up yet, but I will. I'll be living with Arnold and probably Roger. Should be sweet. I hope my hands can withstand the sudden increase in gaming, though. :)

These posts are really self-centered, aren't they? I should have something other than myself to talk about. Oh! Maybe next time I'll talk about Earthsong Saga, a webcomic I've fallen in love with. Maybe I'll link pictures, too. Hmm...

Twilight out.
Whee, baby. Whee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard for me to imagine you a braggart. You need a self-esteem booster. SSMBM!

The sudden increase in gaming will be a shock to your system, there's no avoiding it. Sorry, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

Earthsong! With pictures!

Self-centered? Hallo, it's your bloody site! Duh...
Think of it as a form of therapy. Vent your frustrations, your fears, your joys, and your admonitions. That way perfect strangers can hold them against you.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.charlestonjobnetwork.com/jobs.asp

Clickie!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home