Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 04, 2005

Photopooost!

As most things in my life right now are in a state of development, there isn't much to report. At least, nothing too exciting. Well, we did get Dish Network at home, so now I get radio through my TV. Spiffy.

Fear not, though. I won't leave my dear readers hanging. I took some pictures recently, some artistic and some canine. For those unfamiliar with my family's doggy freeloaders, we have a lazy but cute cocker spaniel named Teddy and a rowdy but beautiful lab-mix named Ajax (it was my father's call. I dunno.) And so, while my life digs its roots down into the water of accomplishment, I ask you to enjoy these, my

STILL ALIVE STILLS

First, the artsy stuff. Not long ago, my father took me out to some land of ours where there used to be a cemetary. All that remains now are a number of tombstones.


This gives you an idea of what the place looks like. Of course, I think it looks better in B&W:



This is another shot that I think looks better in B&W. Basically just the opposite direction from the previous photo.


My favorite B&W photo I took that day. I love how the light falls so strongly on the stone while falling softer on the background.


I do have a good color photo! This photo says something, but I'm not sure yet what it is.


Before I left, I noticed an abandoned deer stand. I didn't expect the twilight colors to come out so well. A particularly fitting photo for this site.


Now! Onto the dogs! Most of these are of Ajax, since I think he's prettier and is a 'real' dog in action and form. When Teddy walks, it's just an ovular mass of fur and flesh with four furry stumps moving back and forth. With Ajax, though, you can watch as his spine slides back and forth like a serpent along his lengthy frame. Ajax is strong, too, especially at only 9 months. I like to think of him as our little black horse. Who likes to hump.


This shot took a while to get. Ajax doesn't like to stand still, and when he does, it's either with his face or back to you. Whenever I walked off to his side, he'd turn in closer to me. Endearing, yes, but it lead to a lot of wasted pics.


Isn't he cute?! I think I was holding a ball in my other hand, thus his focused gaze.


The quintessential Lab photo.


Or maybe this one is.


One of his most endearing habits is to lean up against your legs when you tell him to sit. He just hates to be alone. Such a pity we keep him in a pen. :^(


This is Teddy.


This is how he spends most of his time.


This is him looking exceedingly pathetic. Beware the eyes! "You will give me food, human." Noooo....


Ajax trying to, uh, play with Teddy. Poor *snicker* Teddy...


Teddy getting fed up.


Whassat, Ajax? You like it when Teddy fights back? You think he's playing. Aww, well sucks for Teddy.

I really don't hate Teddy(heck, he sleeps with me), but it's good to see them acting like dogs. Cockers seem to forget how to do that, sometimes. In my mind, you should hear a nice, deep thump when you pat a dog's chest. Teddy is more of a thap.

Well, those are me pics. I hope they weren't too big. Dial-up still sucks.

Twilight Out!

5 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaP said...

Ooh what sweet wiw puppies! I just wanna wuv um and snuggle um and kiss um. Zey is so coot! Awww...

Sorry. Cocker spaniels bring out the baby talk. I've never seen a sadder-looking dog, and I used to live with a cocker.

Ajax is gorgeous. How long have y'all had him?

8:58 PM  
Blogger Aisyrn said...

We've had him for about 3 months, if you happend to check back to see if I answered your question. :)

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photo post and still no Carnivale Pictures?
Shame shame!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Jeromie said...

Haha! Twilight Out! Hahahaha.
Okay, that just really tickles me for some reason. It sounds like a superhero signing off before he brandishes his cape and goes to fight for justice. Which is appropriate, somehow.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aisyrn... where are you?
I want to tell you some good news.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home