Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Life of Will, Scene 1. Action.

It's time for an update. Yay! Do I get my cameo now?! Not yet, wait a bit. 'Kaaay.

How many people say that to themselves in a grumble, wishing that they didn't feel the personal duty to post something on a site? Maybe we're all just lazy. Or maybe, in my case, I wish I felt more eloquent than I do tonight.

I'll spare you all the Life Career stuff, since it really won't be interesting until I actually get a job lead or unless I have some Will-shattering revelation. Either sound like fun.

My friend Arnold invited me to a 'carnivale' this weekend that some friends of his have invited him to. It's something that a 'Society for Creative Anachronism' does. It seems like another version of Rennaissance Faire, from what I've gathered. Unfortunately, Jeromie will be too busy to go, but I'm looking forward to it, nonetheless. It's going to be a masked ball kind of event, and I have chosen to make my own mask after having an idea for one while talking to Arnold. It's going to be a wide circlet thing with a sheet of fabric falling over my face and some design above it. I hope. Should all go well, there will likely be links to pictures here soon after the event.

The DCF film festival feels like is rushing towards me. I've been telling myself not to spread this around lest I get people's hopes up, but I'm going to try and enter an animated short. I've had an idea for a story building for some time now, but everytime I imagine it, it's either an anime or a manga. It's not ready to tell yet, but I have enough ideas to make a trailer. I just hope I have the talent and the confidence to see this through to the end. I would be so proud of myself.

I warned you about my lack of eloquence before. Just remember that before I start. Right now, I feel so much more than I think. It's a common thread in my life. I act on intuition most times, not reason. I'm an emotional guy, and it seems like a lot of those emotions are negative. As I finished writing that previous paragraph, I looked at myself, and I saw a small, terrified man. He's scared of not doing anything, of having nothing of worth to claim, of being ignored, and of letting grand ideas fade away. He's scared of being like the little black cocker that lays on his bed: alive, but with no fire, no soul. Should I have none of my projects or dreams, what would there be? What would I be? This all sounds so sickeningly existential, but I can't get it out of my head. My head knows Christ is all. It knows that I needn't worry about the things of this life. But my heart is consumed with anxiety and fear about what I do every day. Maybe that's what gives me my artistic edge, tiny as it may be.

...so, now is it time for my cameo?
Sure. These people need cheering up somehow.
Aw, crap. Did you give them the meaning of life speech again? What do I have to work with now?
....sorry.

4 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaP said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:51 PM  
Blogger RebeccaP said...

Ignernt question - what's the difference between manga and anime?

That's exciting that you have an idea for a short. I hope you do it. The world deserves to enjoy your creativity!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Aisyrn said...

Anime is Japanese animation, but you knew that. (For the Japanese, though, the term anime actually encompasses all animation. We just use it to denote that of the Japanese persuasion.)

Manga is Japanese comics. They're in black and white and come in nearly as many varieties as we have for books. One could say that manga is the true inspiration behind Japan's treatment of animation as an artform. Many anime shows are just the onscreen adaptation of a manga.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In general, I like to think of Anime as "good" and Manga as "bad." This prejudice has evolved from several movies I have watched over the years, and a myriad of Manga comics I have perused.

Manga centers around t&a. It is the very fibre and essence of it's being. Sometimes it's ninjas fighting some DD ninja vixen (or 6 at once) sometimes it's gun-related shootout against a cyborg sex-bot, but there's always jiggle and there's always gratuitious female nudity and suggestive dialogue.

I'm sure Will has some counter-examples, but in general, if it's unsafe for children, it's Manga.

Ah, Miyazaki-san, how we long for more from your fecund imagination.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home