Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Comp Post

Because it's a composition post. And it makes for funny. Laugh, masses!

Anyway, during a period of pensive loneliness, the first two sentences popped into my head, and I felt compelled to write them down. The rest wrote itself (with a little editing afterwards). As of yet untitled.
______________________________________________________

Fine, I said. You didn't want to be here, so I let you go. Now I'm alone. You thought that'd give you the upper hand, didn't you? You thought I'd crack and run to you in whimpers. But solitude is my friend. You forgot that these silent walls and the quiet road are both my kin. They know me in all those ways that don't need words. And no matter what, they're always here. The ceiling and the sky smile down on me. The sun winks at my floor lamp. Oh, they know. I can always count on their arms to be open, because they're always empty. So keep on walking. You'll only get tired. Meanwhile, I'll be sitting here, forgetting you and everything else that tried to make me more than I am. I'll just sit here under the cover of silence, staring into nothing. Keep your turning world. The emptiness is always here, and it never asks anything of me.
______________________________________________________


Twilight out.
Modesty is so overrated.

3 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaP said...

Did you try to give your Muse the boot? Because it sounds like she got you anyway. :)

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA!
Will has a muse?
And it's a girl?
Wow...

But I love the post. Mmm... Will's fortress of solitude, his imminent domain, his familiar nothingness...

And this fertilizer will nurture more, we hope?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jeromie said...

I think arnold just called your post crap...

It's not, of course. But laugh? It makes me want to cry.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home