Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 08, 2005

My happy place

It has been mere minutes since 'Kim Possible: So the Drama' ended, and I am basking in the magnificent glow of warm fuzzies. It was sooo... oh, it was more than cute! *giggles* That's right! I don't care! It was good and romantic, and I'm going to savor every delectable bite! Wait, what's this feeling under my eyes? Hey, I'm smiling! All right! I've missed you, buddy! Welcome back to my face! Purr, baby. Very purr.

While I am on the subject of peaceful, easy feelings, let me talk about the other day. Which day isn't important, because what I'm about to talk about goes beyond normal reckonings. I walked out the front door on a recent morning to check the mail, but I found far more. I was greeted, in fact, by Spring. I capitalize because it was the first time I had ever felt a season. It was like the sun and air had convened to decide the perfect temperature for me. The flowers had stretched their petals like sunbathers, and everything around me felt young. I remembered C.S. Lewis' 'Perelandra', and I felt like Venus herself had descended upon me. It was as if the dreariness of my soul was washed away and its youth restored. I felt vitality and strength within me. Autumn is still my favorite season, but, oh, for the kiss of Spring!

I just watched the movie again. I glowed. The feeling fades, especially with repeated watchings. But those moments, those precious, untouchable moments when it's not cool, or neat, or awesome, just pure, I feel alive... *sigh* This is why I love animation.

Let them boys be free

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeromie said...

Fantastic. I think that every season, upon its entrance, holds some majestic quality. I love that feeling of change in the air as each claims its heritage and comes into its own. God's handiwork is so majestic, and yet it is only a simple glimpse of His infinite splendor.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home