Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Magnus Dei

Will,

Good news! Give me a call tomorrow – I will be in and out of the office today to discuss you coming on board if you are still interested. Thanks.

Suzan E. Carroll-Ramsey
SC State Ports Authority


Almost 2 years to the day since I came back from the Peace Corps. Huh. Anyway, huzzah! It seems she finally cleared it with her boss. Now I just have to set up when I'll start my unpaid internship. I'm also going to try and get a part-time job on the side so I'll have at least some income. DragonCon is expensive, after all.

I had wanted to make this a double celebration by posting my first artwork to my deviantArt account and linking it here, but it seems that I don't have the proper USB cable that I thought I did for the scanner Jeromie gave me. Well, at least I have material for another post.

I'm glad that I'm drawing more of late. I still have trouble getting myself to experiment and worry less about the details, but its fun. I have some fun ideas in my head, too. First drawing, then writing? Let's hope so, because I need practice with both.

Becky's coming back to the States soon! I know she's probably reading this, but it's hard to contain my excitement. :)

And finally, since fortune has begun to favor me, I ask that you all wish for a little of it to visit upon Hope, who is waiting to hear about a job she interviewed for in Charleston. She's in much the same position I've been in, and I don't want anyone else to spend 2 years in limbo.


Twilight out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aisyrn said...

Update: I just talked to her, and she's going to send me a form for a background check. After that gets taken care of, she said, I can come in and get started. She also said that she'd work around my schedule and give me time to keep looking for a job. I guess my desperate battle still continues, then.

11:17 AM  
Blogger RebeccaP said...

That's great news, hon! Glad to hear things are moving. :-)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home