Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Buh, buh, buh....

Phew. For good or ill, I still feel like I'm trying to catch myself. I'm inclined towards the 'ill' camp, since I have loads of work left to do on my costume with less and less time to do it in.

This past weekend I went back to Denmark to help my parents move some of their furniture from their current house to the new one they had built in the woods. It's a nice house, and big. Considering that they also renovated our River house, Denmark might not be such a bad place to host large gatherings, should the need arise...

Ah, apartment news. Well, townhouse, actually. I had a couple of options, and I chose the little house in North Charleston (Up Chuck, as I like to say) with the art gallery manager/artist and his two cats. The room I have is pretty small, actually. I only signed on for 3 months, though. By then, I hope against hope to have a full-time job and the capacity to live alone. It has been my observation that time goes by pretty fast now.

A full-time job. I need more specific criteria than that. My boss has suggested looking into shipping companies, as the port does a lot of business with them (so I guess she'd know them well). Other than that, I suppose it's back to defining what I want to do. Or who would be most impressed by a Ports Authority internship, at least.

That's about it for this time. I need to go make some time to work on my outfit, but I do myself a disservice if I don't persue true employment as aggressively. With hope, nervous hope, I leave you.


Twilight out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

"With hope, nervous hope,"

Huh? Wha? Did somebody say Hope? I'm not nervous! At least, not right now, I think.

Good job on the apartment. :)

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot!
Maybe you should come over for some more "costumers anonymous" this week(end).
We're stuck in the house with laundry all tonight.
Joy!

I'd like to see your place too, sometime. And just so everyone else knows, so far, his costume pieces are awesome

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home